GMDF Member Societies’ Acting Auditions, Plays, Musicals and Pantomimes
GMDF members, if you need help to enter up your Audition / Production please click here.
Please click here to see a list of GMDF members’ current casting requirements.
What The Butler Saw (Auditions)
By Joe Orton
Directed by John Cocks-Evans
Audition date: Sun 21 May at 7:30pm
Performance dates: Mon 16 to Sat 21 October (incl. Sat matinee)
"The purpose of my husband's clinic isn't to cure, but to liberate and exploit madness..."
When Dr Prentice invents a series of increasingly outrageous lies to cover up his attempts to seduce his young secretary, all manner of confusion breaks out in his psychiatric clinic. A State Inspector, a philandering wife, bellboys, policemen and some missing bits from a statue of Winston Churchill are all caught up in the madness, creating a hysterically funny comedy of circumstance.
Wild, risqué and ferociously playful, Joe Orton's final play is acknowledged as a masterpiece of modern comedy.
- Dr Prentice – M - A psychiatrist who misuses his position of power.
- Geraldine Barclay – F late teens/early 20s - Naive secretarial candidate.
- Mrs Prentice – F - Prentice’s sexually repressed wife.
- Nicholas Beckett – M late teens/early 20s - Over-sexed bellhop from the local hotel.
- Dr Rance – M - Arrogant psychiatrist and government functionary.
- Sergeant Match – M - Slow-witted police constable who gets caught up in all the sexy antics.
Guide Bridge Theatre auditions are open to all. Whilst you can simply turn up for the auditions it would be helpful if you register that you are planning to audition for a play, and indicate which part(s) you are interested in. By return, we can supply script samples for the play(s) you are interested in auditioning for.
Please note. All actors offered a part in a GBT production must become an Active Member or Junior Friend (linked to an Active Member or Friend of Guide Bridge Theatre) no later than first rehearsal date. For more information see our Membership page.